How to Make Sushi Soap
Combine skin nourishing ingredients with a natural melt-and-pour soap to create one-of-a-kind, sushi-shaped soap.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
all-natural melt-and-pour soap base
essential oils: seaweed, lime, clary sage, rosemary, geranium
ground adzuki beans
bamboo sushi mat
1. Cut a pound of soap base into cubes. Melt the soap base in a bowl in a microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds.
2. While the soap is melting, line the baking pan with nori seaweed.
3. Remove the melted soap from the microwave and whisk in additives (soy protein, jojoba oil, soy foam booster, soy-milk powder).
4. Stir in exfoliants (ground rice, ground adzuki beans, sea salt).
5. Whisk in essential oils (seaweed oil, lime oil, clary sage oil, rosemary oil, geranium oil).
6. Freeze the soap base for 10 minutes.
7. Pour the thickened soap into the seaweed-lined baking pan. Let it cool for one minute to harden slightly.
8. Remove the soap-covered seaweed slab from pan and place it on a bamboo sushi mat, seaweed side down.
9. Roll up the slab jellyroll-style from one side to the other.
10. Put the soap roll in the freezer for 10 minutes to solidify it completely.
11. Remove the roll from freezer and place it on a cutting board. Slice it into individual sushi-roll soaps.
Brew a natural fragrance to scent your own soap with these step-by-step instructions.