How to Make Stained Glass Flip Flops
Design a pair of stained glass flip flops to walk around in style.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
pair of flip-flops
3/8-inch-width copper foil
flux and brush to apply flux
soldering iron and solder
glass enamel paint
glass and silver bead assortment
2. Score the glass on the traced lines with a glass scorer. Break the glass with breaking pliers.
3. Wearing safety glasses, grind the edges of the glass shoes on an electric grinder. Clean the glass with glass cleaner and a towel.
5. Place the shoes right side up. Apply flux to the copper foil on the upper side of the glass pieces. Melt solder onto the foil with a soldering iron.
6. Flip the shoes over, apply flux and solder to the copper foil on the other side of the glass shoes.
7. Flux and solder the side edges of the foil on the shoes.
9. Apply flux and then solder the wires to the shoe soles on each edge slightly past the halfway point toward the heels.
11. Paint desired designs on the upper part of the soles with glass enamel paint. Dry the soles in a toaster oven set on low heat for 20 minutes.
12. String an assortment of glass and silver beads on the wires to form the straps on the flip-flops. Thread the wires through the holes in the sole and twist them on the underside with needle-nose pliers to secure.
Incorporate wine bottles into a stained glass panel to create a beautiful display.