How to Make Pleated Wedding Pages
Learn how to dress up your wedding pages with a pleating technique.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
4 sheets patterned paper
3 sheets coordinating patterned paper
1 sheet platinum solid paper
1 sheet solid ivory paper
1 yard of 1" satin platinum ribbon
five 5" x 5" photographs
event mementos (pressed flowers, invitations, program, etc.)
1. Cut four 3-1/2" strips from the platinum plume paper. Measure across each strip the following measurements: 5/8", 3/8", 5/8", 3/8", 1 1/2". Score with burnishing tool and pleat each strip.
2. Add adhesive across the back side of all the pleats to hold the pleating securely in place.
3. Adhere each pleated strip along the edges of the coordinating paper to make a frame. Use a craft knife to miter the corners of the frame - cutting only through the paper that overlaps.
4. Repeat technique with patterned paper. Begin by cutting four 2-1/2" strips, measuring and scoring at 7/8", 1/4", 7/8", 1/4", 1/4". Score with burnishing tool, pleat and secure pleats with adhesive on back surface.
5. Adhere each pleated strip inside the frame leaving a 1-1/4" border. Miter the corners.
6. Add borders around 5" x 5" photo with platinum satin ribbon and adhere to the center of the frame.
7. Print or write by hand title on ivory paper. Trim to size and mat with the two patterned papers. Tie remaining satin ribbon in a soft knot and adhere below photograph. Attach journaling title on top of ribbon with foam tape.
1. With pencil and ruler, divide 1 patterned sheet into quadrants measuring 6" x 6". Set aside.
2. Cut two 6" squares from another patterned sheet. With craft knife, cut a lip at the top center of each square. With remaining paper, cut four 6" x 2" strips. Pleat strips in an accordion fold and adhere one end of each strip together, then attach strips to the back of each square on each edge (pattered paper facing outwards). Place adhesive along 3 sides of the square and adhere to quadrant sheet. Repeat this step using the coordinating paper.
3. Crop photographs to approximately 3" x 3". Adhere photographs in the center of each pocket.
4. Cut four 2-1/2" x 12" strips from the coordinating pattern paper. Cut strips in half to make a total of 8 strips. Measure across each strip the following measurements: 5/8", 3/8", 5/8", 3/8", 5/8". Score with burnishing tool and pleat each strip. Adhere each pleated strip in the center of the platinum pocket squares creating a frame over the photograph.
5. Miter the corners using gentle pressure making sure you don't cut through the paper pocket. Repeat this step using the patterned paper and adhere to the center of the coordinating paper pockets.
6. Handwrite or laser print journal titles on ivory paper. Trim to desired size and mat with coordinating papers. Adhere to each pocket with foam tape. Place event mementos inside pockets.
Hide a different message behind each card on this holiday page.
Adorn wedding reception chairs with these sweet confetti cones so guests can celebrate the bride and groom as they leave for...
Pretty, inexpensive and long-lasting, paper flower bouquets are perfect wedding mementos. Learn how to make paper flowers for...