How to Make Flower Cupcake Soap
Make cupcake soap that looks realistic enough to eat.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
handheld (stick) blender
ice cream scoop
glass jar or other glass bowl
rubber or silicone spatulas
regular-size muffin pan
32 ounces of olive oil
30 milliliters of essential oil
1 teaspoon of turmeric
18 ounces of Red Devil lye
1 quart glass measuring cup
1 quart plastic or glass measuring cup
dried lavender buds
dried mint leaf
dried yarrow flowers
dried jasmine flowers
mask, goggles, and rubber gloves (preferably chemical-resistant)
*A postal scale with a 5-pound maximum works fine. It must measure to tenths of an ounce.
1. Turn on a slow cooker to begin heating.
2. Measure 27 ounces of olive oil by weight into a 1-quart plastic or glass measuring cup, using the digital scale.
3. Measure 9 ounces of distilled water by weight into a 1-quart glass measuring cup, using the digital scale.
4. Wearing a mask, gloves and goggles, weigh out 3½ ounces of lye by weight into a separate glass container.
5. Add the lye to the distilled water slowly, stirring the entire time. Stir until completely dissolved Caution: Work in a well-ventilated area, and don't breathe the fumes that come up off the lye water as it dissolves.
6. Add the olive oil to the slow cooker, scraping the measuring cup to get all the oil out.
7. Add the lye water to the slow cooker.
8. Neutralize the measuring cup and spoon used to mix the lye water, using vinegar and soapy water.
9. Add one teaspoon of turmeric to the slow cooker.