How to Make Festive Cascarone Confetti Eggs
Start collecting eggshells now by breaking off the tops and using the contents for baking. Rinse and dry the shells to make this fun and festive Easter craft. Fill them with confetti and crack them over your friends' heads for good luck.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
A word of caution: You reap what you sow. The fun is contagious. Once you start smashing cascarones, it's difficult to stop.
- egg dye
- white vinegar
- cups or other containers for dyeing
- paper confetti
- white school glue
- drying rack
Before You Start
The key to saturated color is patience. Get many small containers and let your eggs soak for hours if not overnight.
Tearing the membrane inside the egg will eliminate the air pocket it creates. This will help to keep your eggshell submerged in the dye.
1. Collect and dry eggshells (Image 1).
2. Dye with your preferred method (Image 2).
3. Allow them to dry completely.
4. Fill with paper confetti (Image 3, 4).
5. Outline 2-inch circles on several colors of tissue paper and cut out.
6. With your finger or small brush, apply glue to egg around the perimeter of the hole you created.
7. Apply tissue paper (Image 5).
8. If you wish, apply a small amount of glue and add another contrasting piece of tissue paper.
9. Allow to dry completely before use.
Make egg-shaped baskets for Easter this year for her and him using our free printable patterns.