How to Make an Aluminum Journal Cover
Make a journal cover with aluminum tape for an elegant look.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
waxed linen thread
black ink pad
1. Remove pages from the book by cutting close to the inside spine on the front and the back covers with a craft knife.
2. Glue die cuts to the front and back covers of the book.
3. Cover the front and back covers with aluminum tape, overlapping slightly. Rub the aluminum with a soft cloth to emphasize the shapes beneath. Trim the edges slightly larger than the covers, and fold over to the inside.
4. Cover the inside with aluminum tape in the opposite direction.
5. Wearing gloves, add a few drops of alcohol ink to a cotton ball and dab it on the aluminum to add color. Repeat with the desired number of colors. Add alcohol to a cotton ball and dab it over the paint, blending the colors. Let set. Repeat on the inside covers of the book.
6. Roll a design wheel over the aluminum to add texture to the covers.
7. Pat and rub a black ink pad over the raised surfaces.
8. Measure and cut paper for the book's pages. Fold the paper into four signatures. Poke sewing holes in the pages with a book cradle.
9. Poke holes in the book's spine with an awl.
11. Add beads and charms to the spine of the cover.
Make a journal cover inspired by ginkgo leaves in this botanical craft project.
Create a colorful Asian paper lantern with pop-out decorations of geisha girls.
Give your Christmas tree a little sparkle with an aluminum cone angel ornament. Follow these instructions by Kathleen George to...