How to Make a Sunflower Wall Hanging
Use wood and stained glass to create a sunflower wall hanging.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
¼-inch hardwood pressboard panel, about 3 feet square
latex paints: brown, light yellow, medium yellow, dark yellow
brown stained glass sheet cut to about 4 by 10 inches
1. Draw a sunflower on the ¼-inch hardwood with a pencil.
3. Cut out the center of the sunflower with a jigsaw, inserting the saw blade into the previously drilled holes.
4. Cut out the sunflower petal shapes.
5. Using brown latex paint and a foam brush, paint the base coat of the sunflower. Let dry.
6. Highlight the petal details with light yellow, medium yellow and dark yellow latex paints. Let dry.
7. Score a rectangle of brown glass large enough to cover the center hole, using a glass cutter and a ruler. Break the glass along the edge of a tabletop.
8. Glue the glass to the back of the sunflower with glass glue. Remove excess glue with a paper towel. Let dry.
9. Nail a picture hanger to the back of the board.
Shape silk flowers into a purse shape to create a stylish wall hanging.