How to Make a Sunflower Wall Hanging
Use wood and stained glass to create a sunflower wall hanging.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
¼-inch hardwood pressboard panel, about 3 feet square
latex paints: brown, light yellow, medium yellow, dark yellow
brown stained glass sheet cut to about 4 by 10 inches
1. Draw a sunflower on the ¼-inch hardwood with a pencil.
3. Cut out the center of the sunflower with a jigsaw, inserting the saw blade into the previously drilled holes.
4. Cut out the sunflower petal shapes.
5. Using brown latex paint and a foam brush, paint the base coat of the sunflower. Let dry.
6. Highlight the petal details with light yellow, medium yellow and dark yellow latex paints. Let dry.
7. Score a rectangle of brown glass large enough to cover the center hole, using a glass cutter and a ruler. Break the glass along the edge of a tabletop.
8. Glue the glass to the back of the sunflower with glass glue. Remove excess glue with a paper towel. Let dry.
9. Nail a picture hanger to the back of the board.
Shape silk flowers into a purse shape to create a stylish wall hanging.
Tap into your inner Sassy Girl with this mosaic wall hanging made from tiles, grout, paint and wood.
Designer Casey Noble shows how to bring the look and feel of a Christmas tree to a small space by creating a wall-mounted...