How to Make a Silver Heart Ring
Create a delicate sterling silver ring using basic metalwork techniques.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
sterling silver sheet
10-gauge sterling round wire
mini brass screws
ring sizing anvil
1. Saw two rectangular pieces out of sterling silver. Saw flame design out of the gold sheet.
2. Draw heart pattern on the middle of one of the rectangles. Saw the heart out.
3. File heart. File and sand gold flame.
4. Texture gold with hammer.
5. Measure finger with a ring sizer.
6. Form 10-gauge wire around ring anvil at size measured for band.
7. Cut and file band.
8. Clean metal with steel wool, flux and solder band to the solid rectangle. Fuse gold flames to the other rectangle (with the heart cut out).
9. Mark and drill holes at each corner.
10. Sand with 220-grit sandpaper.
11. Cut out a piece of sharkskin to fit in the middle of the two metal pieces.
12. Rivet pieces together with brass mini screws.
Lauren Morlock, Florida
Make a beautiful necklace pendant from sterling silver by cutting out your own design with a jeweler's saw.
Make an elegant, daisy flower necklace pendant using sterling silver and semiprecious gems.
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.