How to Make a Silver Clay Origami Crane Ornament
Fold a clay origami crane to hang as a decorative ornament in a window or on a holiday tree.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
square silver clay sheet
clay pin tool
kiln shelf padding
soap and water
1. Fold a square silver clay sheet into an origami crane shape. Search the Internet for directions on how to fold a paper origami crane.
2. Pierce through the center of the silver clay crane with a clay pin tool.
3. Place the clay crane on a mug warmer to dry for 10 minutes.
4. Place the crane on a kiln shelf pillow and fire.
5. When the origami crane ornament has cooled take it out of the kiln and clean with soap, water and a brass brush.
6. Wearing safety glasses use a flex shaft to drill out the hole (formed by the clay pin tool in step 2) for the jump ring.
7. Attach a jump ring using two pair of pliers.
8. Create a hanger with round wire and pliers and attach it to the jump ring.
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.
Artist Barbara Burzillo shares her process for making her one-of-a-kind precious metal clay silver charm pendant
Create this shimmering dragonfly pendant using precious metal clay.