How to Make a Silver Clay Origami Crane Ornament
Fold a clay origami crane to hang as a decorative ornament in a window or on a holiday tree.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
square silver clay sheet
clay pin tool
kiln shelf padding
soap and water
1. Fold a square silver clay sheet into an origami crane shape. Search the Internet for directions on how to fold a paper origami crane.
2. Pierce through the center of the silver clay crane with a clay pin tool.
3. Place the clay crane on a mug warmer to dry for 10 minutes.
4. Place the crane on a kiln shelf pillow and fire.
5. When the origami crane ornament has cooled take it out of the kiln and clean with soap, water and a brass brush.
6. Wearing safety glasses use a flex shaft to drill out the hole (formed by the clay pin tool in step 2) for the jump ring.
7. Attach a jump ring using two pair of pliers.
8. Create a hanger with round wire and pliers and attach it to the jump ring.
Artist Barbara Burzillo shares her process for making her one-of-a-kind precious metal clay silver charm pendant
Create this shimmering dragonfly pendant using precious metal clay.
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.