How to Make a Silver Clay Dragonfly Bracelet
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
small letter stamps and shape stamps
small oval shape cutter
deck of cards
square of nonstick material
clay pin tool
silver clay paste in syringe
tumbler and steel shot
blue pastel chalk
two-part mold making material
1. Count two sets of five cards for leveling out a rolled slab of clay.
2. Cut out seven clay ovals with an oval cutter.
3. Create a mold using two-part mold compound. Press a dragonfly charm into the mold. Set aside to dry.
4. Press alphabet stamps into one clay oval to spell the word "live".
5. Press alphabet stamps into another clay oval to spell the word "simply".
6. Press several impressions of a dragonfly stamp into one clay oval.
7. Push one of the clay ovals softly into the dragonfly mold to pick up the design.
8. Add raised designs in the shapes of flowers to one of the ovals with a syringe filled with silver clay paste. Press the raised clay dots with your finger to soften the look.
9. Squeeze a swirl of clay from the syringe onto one of the ovals and press it down with your finger.
10. On the seventh oval, stamp swirls into the clay using a small swirl stamp.
11. Brush the pieces with water to keep them moist.
12. Use a clay pin tool to create small holes on one end of each oval. These will be starter holes when drilling for the jump rings.
13. Place finished ovals on a mug warmer to dry.
14. Once all of the pieces are dry, place on kiln shelf and fire.
15. When the firing is done and the pieces are cooled off, drill jump ring holes with a flex shaft.
16. Fill a tumbler with steel shot, burnishing compound and the silver pieces. Tumble for about 45 minutes. Rinse the pieces.
17. After tumbling, pick out the ovals with the words "live simply" on them.
18. Mix the two-part resin according to manufacturer's directions. Shave blue pastel chalk into the resin and mix.
19. Fill a small syringe with the blue resin and fill in the words. Set aside to dry.
20. Assemble the bracelet ovals together with jump rings. Add a toggle closure to the silver clay textured bracelet and enjoy.