How to Make a Silver and Leather Message Bracelet
Make this bracelet stamped with a special message and tied with a leather cord with these simple steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
22-gauge sterling silver sheet
steel alphabet stamps
saw and saw blades
drill or circle punch
1. Cut a rectangle of silver sheet approximately the same length as your wrist.
2. Smooth out all the rough edges with a file.
3. Drill or circle punch holes on both ends of the rectangle.
4. Decide on a phrase, name or word to stamp into your bracelet. Starting with the first letter, name or word, grab the steel letter stamp and hammer the stamp on the metal. Continue until done. This project uses, "Have fun stay single."
5. Measure a length of cord half the diameter of your wrist and about 2 to 3 inches extra.
6. String the leather cord through one of the holes on your newly hammered silver rectangle. Tie a knot and secure it with a dab of glue. The knot should be on the topside of the hammered rectangle.
7. Repeat the last step on the other side, remembering that you will be slipping this bracelet over your hand, so it shouldn't be super snug. Or, add a clasp to the end of the leather cord for your closure.
Make an elegant, daisy flower necklace pendant using sterling silver and semiprecious gems.
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.