How to Make a Shrink Photo Bracelet
Make a personalized bracelet using photos of family, pets or places you love with this easy shrink plastic project.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1 sheet white ink jet printable shrink plastic
computer with image-editing software
matte acrylic spray
small hole punch
corner rounder punch
black .7mm Permawriter
gold or silver metallic marker
6mm jump rings, silver or gold
toggle clasp, silver or gold
1. Select seven black and white digital photos and lighten them 50 percent using a computer image-editing program such as Photoshop. Make the pictures 1-1/2" x 2".
2. Print the photos on a printable shrink plastic sheet.
3. Color areas of the photos lightly with decorating chalks to give the images a hand-tinted look.
4. Cut the pictures out with scissors and round the corners with a corner rounder punch.
5. Punch four holes on the five pieces of plastic for the jump rings. Make two of the pictures with three holes only. Be sure to do this before baking.
6. Carefully follow the shrink plastic manufacturers' directions for baking. After baking, let cool.
7. Spray the shrunken pictures with a matte acrylic spray to seal and make waterproof.
8. Write names, birth dates, etc., on the back with the Permawriter.
9. Color the edges of the plastic with the gold or silver metallic marker or Permawriter.
10. Arrange the pictures so that the tiles with three holes are on either end.
11. Attach the pictures to each other with jump rings using the needle-nose pliers. Attach the bracelet findings to each end to finish.
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.