How to Make a Personalized Sachet
Use iron transfer sheets to make a personalized sachet.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
washed and ironed muslin
6-by-7-inch silk or polyester taffeta
1½ cups of lavender
computer and scanner
sewing machine or sewing needle
thread in desired color
granite or stone surface
1. Print selected picture onto iron-transfer paper and trim to 4 by 5 inches or desired size.
2. Cover a hard surface such as a granite counter or stone table with a pillowcase and set the iron to the linen setting (no steam).
3. Place the scanned image-transfer sheet face down on off-white muslin on the prep area. Iron the transfer onto the muslin fabric; use a little pressure to ensure that the entire image is covered. Let the transfer cool for a moment and then peel away the backing liner.
4. Cut gold fringe the length of the two sides and the bottom of the sachet. Place the front of the muslin (with the transferred image) against the right side of the taffeta, and sandwich the gold fringe at the edges. Pin all sides except the top, and sew the three sides together.
5. Clip the corners and gently turn right side out, being careful not to crease the image.
6. Fill with lavender.
8. Stitch closed by hand or machine.
Sew a wool felt pattern onto fabric to create a pillow cover.