How to Make a Mosaic Pet Feeder Table
Make an elevated pet feeder table for your dog using MDF and a simple mosaic design.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
clamps to secure tile
1. Cut MDF to size for deck/top of table. Trace bowl circles on deck.
2. Drill starter holes so that jig saw blade can fit in deck. Use jig saw to cut out bowl holes.
3. Prime deck and pre-made wooden legs with primer paint.
4. Spray paint legs and bottom of deck color desired. Note: Paint in a well-ventilated area.
5. Glue and screw legs onto deck. Once glue is dry, flip feeder to upright position and screw in legs.
6. Draw out design on deck with a permanent marker.
7. Begin to lay out all colors of tiles on the deck. Cut all pieces of tile to shape as needed. Remember the holes cut in the feeder deck for the bowls.
8. Begin cutting tile to fit design using wet saw and a grease pencil to mark on tile.
9. Use a jar lid to trace a perfect circle onto a piece of tile. Cut the circle on wet saw.
10. Use circle tile to trace onto background color tile. Cut background color tile in half and remove half circles in same size as traced circle tile.
11. Cut out the star from a piece of tile. Set on top of background puzzle piece color and trace.
12. Take puzzle piece color to wet saw, saw tile in half, and remove the star shape from the background.
13. Glue pieces of tile to desired location on deck. Clamp to dry.
14. Once all deck pieces are glued and secure, glue small pieces of tile to all sides of deck. Let dry. This will hide the raw edges of the MDF.
15. After all tiles are glued in place and have dried, apply the grout with a squeegee.
16. Wipe the deck clean of all excess grout and allow to dry.
Make over an old tabletop with a unique mosaic tile design and breathe life back into dull furniture.