How to Make a Miniature Beeswax Collage
Create a beeswax collage with paint, decorative papers and crayons.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
light green and dark green acrylic paint
black house paint
red and green spray paint
acrylic polymer medium
2. Paint the two colors of green acrylic paint over a portion of the background. Let dry.
3. Cut one piece of decorative paper into a small square. Cut another decorative paper into a rectangle. Adhere the copied photo to the canvas and the decorative papers, partially covering the photo with acrylic polymer medium. Let dry.
4. Place the circle stencil over the canvas and spray red and green spray paint to produce circles. Let dry.
5. Heat beeswax in an electric skillet until it melts. Brush the beeswax over the entire canvas. Let cool.
6. Heat the wax slightly with a heat gun to soften the wax so that it bonds to the canvas. Let cool.
7. Apply the next layer of wax. Continue this process until there are four or five layers of wax. Build up the wax in some areas to enhance the picture and composition of the collage.8. Melt a white crayon and use it paint random circles over the collage composition.
Photocopy a favorite photo to serve as the centerpiece of this mixed media collage project.