How to Make a Lunchbox Scrapbook and Recipe Card
Keep treasured photos and recipes together in a decorated metal lunchbox with these simple steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
12-inch paper trimmer
adhesive roller or glue
coordinating patterned paper
1. Cut six patterned paper strips with a paper trimmer: four wide strips to cover the sides and two thin strips for decoration.
2. Flip the lunchbox over and place it on top of a piece of decorative paper. Trace around the top of the lunchbox. Cut out the shape along the line, place it on top of the lunchbox and pinch the paper around the handle to form an indentation in the paper, marking the location of the handle. Cut out the paper so it will fit around the handle.
4. Run all paper and ribbon items through an adhesive machine.
5. Attach the wide pieces of paper to the lunchbox, back pieces first. Attach the narrower pieces of patterned paper to the lunchbox, again attaching the back pieces first. Cut the paper around the latch of the lunchbox with a craft knife.
7. Adhere a piece of ribbon to the top rim of the lunchbox. Adhere another piece of ribbon to the edge of the lid.
8. Attach another strip of ribbon below the latch. Attach the fourth piece of ribbon where the patterned paper seam shows to conceal the seams and edges.
9. Attach the last piece of ribbon around the bottom edge of the lunchbox.
10. Cut several 2-inch strips of ribbon to tie to the handle area of the lunchbox.
A pinecone adds texture and a sophisticated natural touch to this charming handmade holiday card.
Make a tropical-themed greeting card with a 3D surprise hidden inside.