How to Make a Leopard Print Hurricane Lamp
Make a funky hurricane lamp with leopard print tissue paper, beaded trim and a boa.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
wooden base (available at craft store)
leopard-print tissue paper
glitter glass paint
hot-glue gun and glue
1. Cut a 1-inch slit in the wooden base with a table saw to accommodate the cord of Christmas lights.
2. Tear tissue paper into various-sized pieces.
3. Mix liquid starch and glitter glass paint together using a ratio of one part paint to three parts starch. Dip a paintbrush into the starch mixture and apply it to a small section of the hurricane lamp. Place a piece of the torn tissue paper over the starch mixture, and then apply another coat of the starch mixture over the paper. Decoupage until the entire glass lamp is covered with tissue paper. Let dry.
5. Place the Christmas lights inside the lamp. Pull the plug end of the cord out the bottom of the lamp.
6. Glue the decorated hurricane lamp to the wooden base, placing the electric cord of the lights through the slit in the base.
Follow these instructions for embellishing a lamp base with tempered glass.