How to Make a Leaf Collage
Create a unique expression with paper, paint and pressed leaves.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
wrinkled brown paper
dried pressed banana-plant leaves
various textured papers
latex or rubber gloves
staple gun and staples
1. Dilute gel medium with water into a workable consistency. This solution will be used to glue everything onto the canvas.
2. Place canvas on table and place the wrinkled brown paper and colored wallpaper on the canvas, ripping or cutting the papers to create the base composition.
3. Wearing latex or rubber gloves, glue the textured brown paper and wallpaper onto the canvas with the diluted gel medium, brushing a coat of gel medium onto the canvas and the back of each piece of paper.
4. Make sure the papers are well adhered by smoothing them with your hands. Let dry.
6. Place dry pressed leaves on the canvas composition. With India ink, water and a paintbrush, paint faces on selected leaves. Dip the brush in water to create a diffused quality.
7. Apply fixative spray to the painted leaves. Let dry.
9. Cut the leaf faces apart and apply only part of the face along the edge of the canvas. Let dry.
11. Seal the entire collage with a coat of gel medium.
Transform a craft box into a purse by embellishing it with paint, jewels, glitter a beaded handle.
Create a beeswax collage with paint, decorative papers and crayons.
Go big and bold with this chunky ceramic necklace project featuring a dangling glass bead.