How to Make a Hand-Cut Sterling Silver Pendant
Make a beautiful necklace pendant from sterling silver by cutting out your own design with a jeweler's saw.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
sterling silver sheet
sterling silver clasp
fine saw blades
1. Design your piece with pencil on paper. Make a pattern, then glue the pattern onto the sterling sheet silver with rubber cement.
2. Drill a hole in each negative space in the pattern.
3. Feed saw blade into each drilled hole and cut out the inside of the shape with a jeweler's saw. Repeat cutting until the piece is completely cut out.
4. File outside edge of silver. Sand with sandpaper.
5. Hammer the silver in a block of wax to give it shape.
6. Apply matte finish to silver with abrasive sponge.
7. Add ear wires or leather cord and a sterling silver clasp.
Make an elegant, daisy flower necklace pendant using sterling silver and semiprecious gems.
Employ metalsmithing and jewelry making techniques to make this beautiful silver and turquoise necklace.
Make a three-ring metal necklace topped with a turquoise hanging pendant.