How to Make a Graphic Coaster Gocco Print
Create your own coasters and print professional images using a Gocco printer.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
fine tip permanent marker
Gocco light bulbs
ink tubes, several colors
1. Create a design on a computer or with a fine tip permanent marker for the Gocco print coaster.
2. Print the coaster design on a laser jet printer or make a photocopy. The image must be black and white and not exceed 4" x 6". Note: Inkjet printouts will not work.
3. Align the printout on the printing base of the Gocco printer.
4. Mount a new screen in the printing unit.
5. Put new flash bulbs in the exposing unit.
6. Close the Gocco lid and press down firmly. The light bulbs will explode and burn the image of the printout onto the screen.
7. Remove the printout and screen. Squeeze the ink tube(s) into the printable areas on the screen. Multiple colors may be used at the same time.
8. Return the screen to the printing unit.
9. Place the coaster on the printing base and mark its position with painter's tape. Pull the lid down. The ink will squeeze through the screen onto the coaster.
10. If the print is not properly positioned on the coaster, readjust its position and move the tape to reflect the repositioning. Set another coaster in the printer aligned with the tape marks, pull a print and repeat the realigning process until the print is properly registered.
11. Once it is aligned, print as many coasters as desired.
12. Re-ink as needed. Some areas will extract more ink than others. Find these areas on the print and squeeze ink into the corresponding areas on the screen.
13. Allow the Gocco coasters to dry overnight before handling. Clean the screen with a solvent or throw away.
Paint a vibrantly-colored mask embellished with raffia hair and glass beads.