How to Make a Gourd Pendant Necklace
Turn a gourd scrap into a painted jewelry pendant in this simple necklace project.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
gourd scrap (saved triangular-shaped gourd eyepiece from the gourd mask project)
acrylic metallic paint
gold paint pen
fine tip permanent marker
clear stretchy cord
clear acrylic spray
1. Reshape the triangular-shaped gourd piece into desired pendant shape with a craft knife.
2. Smooth the gourd edges with sandpaper.
3. Decide how you want the necklace to hang and insert a hole into the side of the gourd pendant with an awl.
4. Outline a design on the front of the gourd piece with a fine tipped marker.
5. Fill in the selected design on the gourd piece with acrylic metallic paint. Paint the back.
6. Embellish the front design and edges with a gold paint pen.
7. Spray with clear acrylic spray.
8. String complementary beads on a clear stretch necklace cord, then the gourd piece, and then add more beads.
9. Tie the cord at your desired necklace length.
Transform a family photo into a wearable photo pendant on a sterling silver chain.
Employ metalsmithing and jewelry making techniques to make this beautiful silver and turquoise necklace.
Use a classic childhood song and a personal photo to create this sterling silver necklace.