How to Make a Gourd Pendant Necklace
Turn a gourd scrap into a painted jewelry pendant in this simple necklace project.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
gourd scrap (saved triangular-shaped gourd eyepiece from the gourd mask project)
acrylic metallic paint
gold paint pen
fine tip permanent marker
clear stretchy cord
clear acrylic spray
1. Reshape the triangular-shaped gourd piece into desired pendant shape with a craft knife.
2. Smooth the gourd edges with sandpaper.
3. Decide how you want the necklace to hang and insert a hole into the side of the gourd pendant with an awl.
4. Outline a design on the front of the gourd piece with a fine tipped marker.
5. Fill in the selected design on the gourd piece with acrylic metallic paint. Paint the back.
6. Embellish the front design and edges with a gold paint pen.
7. Spray with clear acrylic spray.
8. String complementary beads on a clear stretch necklace cord, then the gourd piece, and then add more beads.
9. Tie the cord at your desired necklace length.
Employ metalsmithing and jewelry making techniques to make this beautiful silver and turquoise necklace.