How to Make a Glazed, Double-Sided Ceramic Pendant
Use a variety of under glazes and a photo transfer technique to make unique jewelry pendants.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
7. Bisque-fire the pendant in the kiln according to manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
8. Apply black under glaze to the entire pendant. Remove the under glaze with a wet sponge. The black will settle in the crevasses of the stamped impression.
9. Outline the transferred image with a ceramic pencil to add definition.
10. Brush on white glaze to selected parts of the image. Add shadows over the white glaze with the ceramic pencil.
11. Apply green glaze around the transferred image. Apply blue glaze around the stamped image. Apply clear glaze to the areas that you would like to be shiny.
12. Fire the ceramic pendant in the kiln.
13. Glue loops of silver wire into the pre-made holes and place silver beads at the base of the wires. Thread a silver necklace wire through the loops.