How to Make a Glass-Blown Rose Perfume Bottle
Make a romantic, elegantly shaped perfume bottle with a painted rose design.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
13. Gather glass onto a blowpipe. While the glass is extremely hot, blow into the pipe. The glass is so hot that the bubble will pop and a hollow collar of glass will remain. Shape this with the jacks, so that it resembles a small glass plunger or suction cup.
14. Place the collar onto the painted graal in the kiln by lining it up with the opening of the graal. Drop the collar onto the egg and the two will stick together. The graal is now back on a blowpipe and can be blown further.
15. Gather more glass on top of the graal. The imagery is now sandwiched between layers of molten glass. The entire piece will be hot and glowing.
16. Blow and shape the glass using the marver, wet newspaper and jacks. Shape the bottom with a wooden paddle. Cut in a jack line.
17. Gather a bit of glass on a separate rod and attach it to the bottom of the bubble. Drop water onto the jack line and attach the piece by its bottom to a solid punty rod.
18. Reheat the sharp opening of the piece and shape it with wet newspaper and a wooden paddle.
19. Place the finished bottle into an annealing oven to cool.
Transform inexpensive art supplies into an elegant glass mosaic vase with these easy steps.