How to Make a Garden of Eden Art Quilt
Keep the stitching to a minimum by fusing fabrics in this masterpiece for your wall.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- 1/4-yard of medium rainbow cotton fabric
- 1/2-yard of rich rainbow cotton fabric
- 2 yards of fusible web
- 15-by-17-inch piece of cotton batting
- 15-by-17-inch piece of quilt backing fabric
- thread for machine quilting
- decorative rotary cutter blade: wave, scallop or deckle
- fine point black marker or lead pencil
- sewing machine
- needle appropriate for use with decorative threads
Fuse Cotton Fabrics
Fuse the cotton fabrics with fusible web, following the directions that came with the fusible web. Let the fabrics cool.
Remove and Save Release Paper
Remove the release paper (attached to the fusible web) from the fabrics and save the paper in whole sheets. Note: Release paper can be reused multiple times.
Cut Out Fabric
Center the batting on top of the backing fabric to make the quilt sandwich. Cut out an 8-by-16-inch rectangle from the medium rainbow fabric for the sky. Cut out a 7-by-16-inch rectangle from the red/orange section of the rich rainbow fabric for the ground.
Sculpt facial features and flowers from clay to create a whimsical work of garden art.