How to Make a Fused Dichroic Glass Watch
Make a stylish, fused-glass watch using dichroic glass and decals.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1. Carefully clean your glass with rubbing alcohol.
2. Use glass cutters and nippers to cut out 1-inch squares of different colors of dichroic glass.
3. Soak the decal(s) in water for a few minutes. Take the decal out of the water and slip the decal off the sheet with your finger. Place it on top of one of the glass squares.
4. Place all the glass squares on the kiln shelf. Fire up the kiln and let it vent to 1000 degree F, then close the lid.
5. Let the kiln heat up to 1350 degrees F, turn the kiln off and let it sit to cool slightly.
6. Turn the kiln on and let it go up to 1350 degrees F again. Keep repeating these steps until the glass has melted enough (about 10 minutes). Turn the kiln off and wait until fully cooled. Open kiln and remove glass squares.
7. Cut bracelet blank to 8 inches long.
8. Glue glass tiles to bracelet blanks with extra-strong adhesive. Let dry overnight.
9. Attach watch face to front of bracelet using jump rings.
10. Attach magnet clasp to back of bracelet using jump rings.
Make a colorful glass bracelet that fits snug across your wrist using this fused glass technique.