How to Make a Flat Marble Art Necklace
Turn your own graphic artwork into a beautiful necklace pendant.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
gouache paint, various colors
Epson matte paper heavyweight
flat glass marbles
20-gauge stainless steel wire
heavy-duty multi-purpose adhesive
paper towels or rags
black acrylic paint
24-gauge copper wire
1. Draw your art piece on paper.
2. Paint the piece with gouache and let dry.
3. Scan the art into the computer.
4. Size the art in a computer program to 1-1/2-inch square. Make any adjustments you like.
5. Print the art piece out on heavy-duty matte paper.
6. Cut the piece out to fit behind the glass marble.
7. Glue the art onto the back of the marble and let dry.
8. Cut 1-1/2 inch stainless steel wire piece and twist to make a loop.
9. Attach this loop to the back of the marble with heavy duty adhesive.
10. Allow to dry overnight or in the oven set on warm.
11. Clean glass with glass cleaner.
12. Paint back with black paint and allow to dry.
13. Use copper wire to attach to loop for adding beads.
14. Stack beads onto the copper wire as desired.
15. Finish by making a loop at the end of the wire.
16. Cut ribbon to 20 inches or desired length.
17. Apply Fray Check to the ends of the ribbon to prevent unraveling.
18. Lace ribbon through the loop at the end of the beads.
Make a delicate, reticulated silver necklace strung with three rows of stone beads.