How to Make a Feline Felt Pin
Sew this playful kitty cat pin using a variety of stitches and colorful felt pieces.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Tools and Materials:
1" pin back
embroidery needles2 green glass beads (about 1/4")
embroidery floss: black, orange, brown, gold, light green
wool felt: 2-1/4" x 2" pink; 1-1/2" x 1-3/4" blue; 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" orange
1. Cut out shapes from wool felt: orange for the cat, blue for the middle layer and pink for the bottom layer. Use pinking shears to cut the zigzag edge on the bottom piece.
2. Sew the pin back to the back of the bottom layer.
3. Sew the green bead eyes onto the cat face with black floss. Stitch an outline around the bead eyes with a single strand of brown floss.
4. Satin stitch the cat's nose and mouth with double strands of orange and brown floss.
5. Stitch the whiskers and stripes with double strands of brown and gold floss.
6. Chain stitch the ears with a single strand of orange floss.
7. Blanket-stitch the cat face to the blue middle layer, using a single strand of orange floss.
8. Chain stitch the curly-queue on the blue felt, above the cat face, with a single strand of light green floss.
9. Blanket-stitch the blue middle layer to the pink back layer with a single strand of light green floss.
10. Trim around the outer layer of pink felt with pinking shears.
With just a little creativity, you can turn a scrap piece of leather into a fashion-forward pin or hair clip that makes a sweet...