How to Make a Denim Toy Storage Bag
Stash children's toys in this personalized denim tote bag.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
fabric for letters
1. Cut straps and pocket pieces for bag out of denim. Cut main part of bag using 18" x 12" construction paper as template, if necessary.
2. Spray denim pieces with spray starch.
3. Fold straps into thirds lengthwise. Sew a seam through them so they don't unravel, and iron.
4. Hem straps. Hem top of bag. Hem top of pocket.
5. Trace letter shapes onto iron-on adhesive fabric. Cut out letters. Iron letters onto front of bag. For a decorative effect, sew letters onto bag front.
6. Attach appliqué to pocket. Sew pocket onto bag front.
7. Seam up the bag sides and attach straps.
Skip the traditional basket and make a personalized stenciled tote bag to carry Easter goodies.