How to Make a Ceramic Magnet
Carve a stamp in clay and imprint the image onto a magnet for a custom look.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
cone 10 white ceramic clay
small button magnets
handmade clay stamp
clay carving tools
1. To make your own clay stamp, flatten a piece of clay and carve the desired design into it. Let the clay dry for two to three hours. Fire the stamp in the kiln to harden the clay for long-term use.
2. To make the clay magnet, cut off a piece of clay and roll it on a ball.
3. Flatten the clay into a pancake with your hands.
5. Trim away excess clay on the edges.
6. Let the clay dry for a few hours.
7. Bisque-fire the ceramic magnet in the kiln. Make several pieces at a time to save energy, and stack them several high to save space in the kiln. Remove when cool.
9. Fire the ceramic piece again. Let it cool.
10. Mix two-part epoxy according to the manufacturer's instructions.