How to Make a Candle Chandelier
Hang up a candle chandelier or "candolier" made out of pine wood and miscellaneous hardware.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Design on a Dime host Lee Snijders shares how to make a candle chandelier.
2" x 8" pine
4 steel eye bolts
1. Cut the pine to the appropriate scale for your dining table. This one is approximately 18" x 36".
2. Beat up the edges using a hammer and an old screwdriver to create indentations in the wood.
3. Stain the wood after it's been marred.
4. Attach the wood with L-brackets.
5. Attach one eye bolt to each corner approximately two inches from each inside corner.
6. Attach the same length of chain to each eye bolt.
7. Attach the other end of the chain to a premade coupler in the center. This creates a single bar from which the entire piece hangs from the ceiling.
8. Attach two equal lengths of chain, one to each end of the coupler. Measure the lengths of chain depending on how high you want the candolier to hang above the table.
9. Use ceiling hooks attached to a ceiling brace or stud to support the hanging structure.
10. Fill the base with different-sized nondrip candles to finish the look.
Make a glass candle bowl as a beautiful, stylish centerpiece with these simple steps.
Thrifty design diva and host of Secrets From a Stylist Emily Henderson hits the dollar store to discover how to create a trendy...(7 photos)
Make a coffee mug-themed candle with a cappuccino brulee scent with these simple steps.