How to Make a Bug From a Light Bulb
Turn wire and an old light bulb into a whimsical sculpture with these steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
any light bulb
bendable wire sturdy enough to support the bulb
Mod Podge or glue-water mixture
plastic doll eyes, fishing-lure stick-on eyes, or beads
scrap cardboard for mixing epoxy
needle-nose pliers with wire cutter
beads with holes large enough for the wire
1. Bend, form and attach wire for the legs, antennae and wings to the light bulb, using pliers.
3. While the epoxy is drying, cut out an oval of copper mesh. Remove the front half of the plastic eyes from the whole piece and epoxy the front half of the eyes to the copper mesh.
5. Add tissue to wing armature, using Mod Podge or glue-water and a paintbrush.
6. Add beads to the legs and antennae. Roll up wires with pliers so that beads will stay on.
7. Form legs so that the bug will stand up.
8. Epoxy eyes to the bug.
Create a surfer-style light fixture from stainless steel and glass with these steps.