How to Make a Baby Cakes Blanket
Bundle up baby with these step-by-step instructions for making a blanket.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Baby on the way? Whip out a blanket in no time with this project.
Note: The finished size is about 39 by 45 inches.
Materials and Tools:
1 yard of cotton, minky*, chenille, etc. for the front
1 yard of minky*, chenille, etc. for the back
¾-yard of flannel fabric for the binding
1½ yards of backing fabric if using cotton, 1¼ yards if using minky
* When using minky for the front or the back, no batting is used and quilting isn't required for this project.
1. Pre-wash and dry all fabrics to preshrink.
2. Square up the front panel to 36 inches square.
3. Cut the back panel to match.
4. Matching raw edges, pin the front to the back with wrong sides together.
5. Stitch ¼-inch in from the edge. Sew the front to the back of the throw to secure the two pieces together before binding.
6. Cut binding strips 3 inches wide to allow for the loft of the minky fabric.
Envelope or Pillowcase Method
For this option, binding fabric is not required.
1. Follow previous instructions through step 4.
2. Stitching about ½-inch from the raw edge, sew around the perimeter of the project, leaving a 6-inch-long opening for turning.
3. Turn the project right side out through the opening.
4. Top-stitch around the entire edge of the quilt to secure the edges and to close the opening.
These socks can be filled with gifts kids can look forward to each day, such as small toys, candy, sweet notes or coins. It...