How to Make a 3-D Ceramic Art Block
Create a 3-D ceramic art block to hang on your wall using under glazes and a silkscreen design.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
9. Apply black ceramic under glaze to the entire block with a paintbrush.
10. Wipe off the under glaze with a wet sponge. The black glaze will settle in the textured areas of the clay.
11. Mask off desired areas of the block to be decorated with a paper template. Attach the paper template to the back of the block with masking tape.
12. Apply colored under glaze to the desired areas (Image 1).
13. Apply a silkscreen design to the piece using under glaze in the desired color. Brush a little under glaze on the silkscreen at one end of the design and drag the color across the silkscreen using a piece of card stock or credit card (Image 2). Remove the silkscreen. Repeat as desired.
14. Remove the template.
15. Draw a design using a ceramic pencil to the area that was masked off.
16. Fire the 3-D ceramic art block in the kiln. Let cool and hang.
Create a one-of-a-kind bottle featuring a colorful block pattern.