How to Hand Quilt With a Hoop
Don't have room for a large frame? Quilt on a smaller scale with these simple instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1. Baste well every 4 inches, working from the center out.
2. Baste an extra length of fabric at the top so it doesn't get stretched out when you quilt the edges.
3. Place the quilt on the frame of a hoop that's no larger than 18 inches, slide the top ring over the quilt and tighten.
4. Make sure the top of the quilt is flat, and make sure the back fabric is taut.
5. With the hoop loosened, pat the fabric to get the top to the desired looseness.6. Remove the quilt from the hoop when you're not working on it.
Make a delicate, reticulated silver necklace strung with three rows of stone beads.