How to Emboss a Velvet Bookmark
Create embossed velvet bookmarks to give as personalized, handmade gifts.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Hot Potatoes Times Roman Upper Case alphabet stamps
3" wide acetate/rayon velvet ribbon
clear packing tape
1. Turn on iron to highest setting.
2. Cut ribbon in the length you want, plus about 4 inches.
3. Lay tape on cutting mat with sticky side up.
4. Attach the letters to spell out words of your choice.
5. Mist the ribbon lightly with water. Place velvet carefully over letters.
6. Place the iron down evenly on top of the velvet. Keep moving and do not let steam holes go over letters. Set iron aside and pick up ribbon.
7. Fold over the top of the velvet and secure with a piece of double-stick tape. Insert a scrap of paper or cardboard before adhering for extra stability.
8. Make a hole in the top end of the bookmark with the end of the scissors. Place grommets in hole and set with grommet tool.
9. Attach tassel to grommet.
10. Roll bottom of ribbon over two times and secure with double-stick tape.
11. Cut a piece of beaded fringe the width of the ribbon. Put a piece of tape on the wrong side of the beaded fringe. Secure to bottom edge of bookmark.