How-To: Customize White Nesting Bowls With Paint
HGTV Magazine shows you how to put your stamp on basic items with these easy makeover ideas.
- Courtesy of HGTV Magazine Subscribe Now
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- mixing bowls (such as nesting mixing bowls, crateandbarrel.com)
- multi-surface satin acrylic paint (FolkArt lime green, ink spot, and daffodil yellow, plaidonline.com)
- Chevron FrogTape Shape Tape (amazon.com)
- letter stickers (Remarks Shortcake-Black stickers, americancrafts.com)
- paint pens (Pebeo pen in scarlet red, emerald, agate orange, and bengal pink, markersupply.com)
Starting at the top, apply strips of chevron tape around the bowl, spacing them 1.5 inches apart. (The tape won’t wrap smoothly around the bottom part of the bowl, so cut it into smaller pieces and match them up to create a continuous zigzag.) Color in the spaces between the tape with porcelain paint, then peel off the tape. Follow the instructions on the paint’s packaging for setting the color.
In the center of the bowl, spell out a word with letter stickers. Use a porcelain paint pen to make tiny dots around the letters. Concentrate the dots closest to the stickers, making them sparser as you work your way out. Let dry for a few minutes, then use a crafts knife to score around the letters so you can peel them off. Follow the instructions on the paint pen’s packaging for setting the color.
For Dotted Borders
Use porcelain paint pens to freehand rows of tiny circles around the bowl’s rim. Work in small sections at a time so the paint doesn’t smudge. Follow the instructions on the paint pen’s packaging for setting the color.
HGTV Magazine teamed up with HGTV Star Tiffany Brooks and turned this dumpy space into a dream kitchen for the winners of our...(12 photos)
Designing a kitchen is all about blending the right ingredients. The Sarah 101 host tells HGTV Magazine what she likes to mix...(22 photos)
You don’t need to overhaul your kitchen to make it feel new. HGTV Magazine has easy ideas galore!(19 photos)