How to Add a Layered Look to a Scrapbook Page
Add a layered look to a scrapbook page with this tearing technique.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
computer and printer
card stock in two colors
eyelet hole punch (optional)
gold eyelets (optional)
1. Print out titles onto vellum paper.
2. Tear around each word, leaving a small edge, and then tear one color of card stock to a size slightly larger then the vellum.
3. Adhere the vellum and card stock, adding magic mesh between them.
4. Tear the second color of card stock to a size slightly larger than the first color.
5. Center the card stock-mesh-vellum piece on the second color of torn card stock and adhere.
6. If you wish to add charms to the piece, use an eyelet hole punch to punch holes through the card stock and magic mesh.
7. Place gold eyelets in each hole.
8. Cut a piece of string about 3 inches long.
9. Tie a charm in the center of the string, and thread the string through the center eyelets on the bottom of the title strip. Add more charms before threading the string through the remaining eyelets if you desire.
10. Secure the string on the back of the card stock with photo tabs, leaving enough slack to let the charms dangle.
11. Adhere the title to the page.
12. Add journaling and embellishments (if you desire) around the title.
Decorate a paper clip box to store your favorite quotes in a scrapbook.
Hide a different message behind each card on this holiday page.
Keep treasured photos and recipes together in a decorated metal lunchbox with these simple steps.