Hot Air Balloon Uplifts Ornament Idea
Create a whimsical ornament inspired by a hot air balloon.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
decorator-quality fabric, enough to cut a 20" square
1 roll of 1/2" ribbon in a coordinating color
4" plastic foam ball
hot glue gun and glue sticks
metallic gold spray paint
holiday scented potpourri or candies
8" beaded trim
1. Spray paint basket with metallic gold spray paint and cut off handles, if basket has them.
2. Cut fabric into 20 inch square. Wrap fabric around plastic foam ball, neatly gathering ends together.
3. Cut 11 inches of ribbon and make a loop, attach loop to top of balloon with hot glue. Secure fabric by wrapping ends with ribbon. Cut off excess fabric and ribbon.
4. Cut two pieces of ribbon, each 20 inches, and hot glue them both to the top of the balloon in a criss-cross fashion.
5. Fill the small basket with potpourri or holiday candies.
6. Before gluing the ribbons to the basket, make sure the ribbons are the same length. Next, attach the ribbons to the basket with hot glue leaving about an inch of ribbon to decoratively hang below. Cut a swallowtail or "V" shape into each ribbon's ends to finish the look.
7. Finally, embellish the basket by attaching beaded fringe to the basket's top with hot glue.
Cover inexpensive foam balls with yarn to create a trendy, rustic Christmas ornament.
Add a little snowy sparkle to your Christmas tree this holiday season. These melt-proof snowballs are a fun craft for kids and...
Use these tips to keep your garden "alive" long after the flowers have stopped blooming.