Holiday Accents: From Trash to Treasure
Here are unique ideas for dressing your home for the holidays using recycled materials in interesting ways.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- To make a snowman, drill holes into a dessert, salad and dinner plate using a ceramic drill bit and attach each with wire. Hot-glue buttons onto the plates to create the face and stitch a piece of fabric into a cone shape for the hat.
- Sandwich a card between two pieces of Plexiglas cut to the size of the card. Secure the edges with metallic tape then hot-glue wire to the top for a hanger.
- Decoupage black and white copies of family photographs onto round ornaments.
- To make a pine cone garland, drill holes through each and string with floral wire. Alternate the cones with gold-painted craft beads for a more elegant decoration.
- Place decals on a glass candleholder and apply a layer of etching compound to create a stenciled design.
- Turn an antler into a candlestick by drilling directly into the antler, attaching candle cups and applying silver leaf.
Capitalize on holiday decorating ideas using crystals, ornaments and more.
Robb Whittlef shares great ideas for transforming bland furnishings into contemporary treasures with just a little white paint.
A pinecone adds texture and a sophisticated natural touch to this charming handmade holiday card.