Fish-Themed Decorating Projects
Create schools of fish and a blowfish mirror for a kid's room with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
School of Fish
Materials and Tools:
jigsaw with scroll blade (or scroll saw)
tack cloth or rags
small saw-tooth picture hangers
1. Draw the desired fish designs on paper, and then trace them onto the masonite pieces.
2. Cut each out using a jigsaw with a scroll blade attached. The scroll blade makes it easier to follow the traced line. Take your time, and don't push the blade — let it work for you. Or cut the pieces out with a scroll saw, which provides precision cuts and almost eliminates the need for sanding after cutting.
3. Lightly sand the edges of the pieces. Remove the dust with a tack cloth or damp rag.
4. Prime the fish and let dry. Paint as desired and let dry.
5. Attach a saw-tooth picture hanger to the back of the each fish and use nails to hang them.
Hit the lake in style this summer with a nautical-themed tote bag made using homemade freezer paper stencils.
Give a plain-Jane mirror an inexpensive, coastal makeover by covering the frame with natural jute or sisal rope. Hang your...
The holidays are here and it's time for entertaining. Here are some natural inspirations to trim your tree, adorn your home's...(4 photos)