Fish-Themed Decorating Projects
Create schools of fish and a blowfish mirror for a kid's room with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
School of Fish
Materials and Tools:
jigsaw with scroll blade (or scroll saw)
tack cloth or rags
small saw-tooth picture hangers
1. Draw the desired fish designs on paper, and then trace them onto the masonite pieces.
2. Cut each out using a jigsaw with a scroll blade attached. The scroll blade makes it easier to follow the traced line. Take your time, and don't push the blade — let it work for you. Or cut the pieces out with a scroll saw, which provides precision cuts and almost eliminates the need for sanding after cutting.
3. Lightly sand the edges of the pieces. Remove the dust with a tack cloth or damp rag.
4. Prime the fish and let dry. Paint as desired and let dry.
5. Attach a saw-tooth picture hanger to the back of the each fish and use nails to hang them.
Add a summery nautical touch to your home's decor by wrapping natural hemp around a ho-hum lamp base and shade. This quick...
The holidays are here and it's time for entertaining. Here are some natural inspirations to trim your tree, adorn your home's...(4 photos)
Give a plain-Jane mirror an inexpensive, coastal makeover by covering the frame with natural jute or sisal rope. Hang your...