Egg Macaroons Recipe
These cute little eggs are light and a bit chewy. Be sure to bake them long enough to toast the outside for some added texture. We've taken them up a notch by dipping them in chocolate.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Before You Start
Be sure your eggshells are washed and dried.
I like the way almond extract tastes here, but it could be substituted with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, if you wish.
If you're using the eggshells to bake your treats, be sure to peel them off carefully. Nobody wants to bite into a piece of eggshell with their treat.
You could use any good melting chocolate to dip, but I prefer semisweet for this treat.
These are delicious right after cooling, but are even better after a day or two in the refrigerator.
1 can sweetened condensed milk (about 1 1/4 cups)
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
6 cups sweetened coconut, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place egg whites and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Stir in extracts and salt.
4. Add coconut and flour, and stir just until combined.
5. Spray eggshells (if using) lightly with a bit of cooking spray.
6. Place macaroon batter in eggshells (if using), and make a rounded top to mimic an egg and place in a mini muffin pan. Or place in mounds with tablespoon or cookie scoop on parchment-lined sheets 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool completely on wire rack.
9. If making macaroon eggs, carefully remove eggshell after macaroons are completely cooled.
10. While gently holding macaroon at the top, dip them halfway into melted chocolate and rest on a parchment-lined sheet standing straight up.
11. Place tray in refrigerator for at least one hour to harden chocolate.
12. Store in an airtight container.
Give a classic appetizer a sophisticated twist by using a North American delicacy, quail eggs, mixed with chicken eggs.
This fun treat will put a little pep in your step. Caramel corn gets a jolt from coffee, making it a hit for the holiday...
Bake the perfect batch of sugar cookies to decorate for your loved ones this Valentine's Day.