Designing a Satin Upholstered Wall
This DIY project helps you put fabric on the wall for a luxe look.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
chain (approximately 1 foot of chain per pipe)
1/2-inch conduit pipe (electrical piping)
reciprocating saw with blade for cutting metal
large screws and washers (make sure the screws fit in the chain links)
1. Measure the length of the wall to determine the length of fabric. Add an additional two inches to account for a pocket at the top.
2. At the top of the fabric, sew a 2-inch pocket to allow the pipe to slide through.
3. Hem the fabric to the length of the wall.
4. Add screws and washers to the wall/beam and hang short loops of chain, leaving enough space for the pipe to fit in.
5. Cut the pipes to the appropriate length using a reciprocating saw.
6. Hang the curtains on the pipe.
7. Put the pipes up and place them into the loops made out of chain.
8. Make sure there is enough slack on either side so they can't easily fall out of the chain loop.
Transform scrap material into a quick and easy pattern-less fabric purse.