Creme-Filled Chocolates Recipe
Bring a homemade touch to Easter baskets this year by making rich creme-filled chocolate candies.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 60 candies
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 two-pound bag confectioners' sugar
2 pounds candy coating or almond bark
flavoring extracts (will use 1/2 teaspoon of extract per scant 1 cup candy creme)
1. In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream margarine and salt on medium speed. Blend in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
2. Add entire 2-pound bag of confectioners' sugar and mix until a uniform, stiff dough forms.
3. Gather dough into a ball and place in an airtight container until ready to divide. (Your dough should not be sticky.)
4. Separate dough into approximately four 1-cup portions and place in separate bowls.
5. Create an indentation in middle of dough with your fingers and pour in 1/2 teaspoon of desired flavoring.
6. Knead dough over bowl with your hands until all flavoring has been absorbed. You may also knead in 2 drops of food coloring to color your dough.
7. Shape dough into pieces with your fingers (squares, balls, rectangles) and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Chill shaped candies in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
8. Melt candy coating and dip chilled candy cremes. Place on parchment paper to dry. You may also choose to use a candy mold.
9. Store candies in airtight container. Candy will keep for up to 1 month.
Take a trip to France this Valentine's Day by making your sweetheart homemade eclairs covered in white chocolate and topped...
Top off the evening with something sweet and chic, like this chocolate panna cotta. Your guests will love each unexpected layer...
This stout-infused chocolate pudding is perfect for St. Patrick's Day, though you may crave it year round. The stout-like...