Christmas Ornament Chandelier
Create a ribbon chandelier to display your Christmas ornaments.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1 roll 1/2" sheer copper ribbon
1 roll 2" sheer copper ribbon
12' brown wired ribbon
8-10 plastic foam or plastic ornaments
3 24" glitter vines
16" plastic foam circle
1. Wrap plastic foam circle tightly with the 2-inch sheer copper ribbon, overlapping each pass so the plastic foam circle is completely covered. Secure the ribbon ends with straight pins.
2. Cut four pieces of the brown wired ribbon, each about 36 inches long. Tie each ribbon to the plastic foam circle in four equally spaced locations. Secure tightly and trim off excess of the ribbon at the base of the knot.
3. Bring the four brown ribbons together, placing a piece of glittering vine in the middle. Tie the brown ribbons and glitter vine together with a piece of the 1/2-inch copper ribbon.
4. Create a loop for hanging from the excess 1/2-inch copper ribbon.
5. Tie small bows with the brown ribbon and attach them with straight pins to the plastic foam circle to conceal the knot at the base of each 36-inch piece of ribbon.
6. Attach varying lengths of 1/2-inch copper ribbon to the ornaments. Tie each ornament to the plastic foam circle, spacing them evenly so the chandelier is weighted evenly and will hang level.
Create an inexpensive and simply chic candle holder to add a bit of Christmas cheer to your holiday table.