Cat Basket and Washable Pet Bed
Create a one-of-a-kind cat basket and a washable pet bed using simple sewing techniques like hemming and pillow making.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
10. Cut eight pieces of ribbon, all the same length. The length chosen depends on your preference for knots or bows. Pin the pieces of ribbon on the underside of each hanging corner of the fabric. Make sure the ribbon is long enough to tie to the ribbon across from it.
11. Sew the ribbons securely by hand. Tip: Invisible thread makes for a clean design, but any thread may be used.
12. Cut the loose ends of the ribbons at a diagonal and dot the ends with FrayChek. Let dry.
13. Sew the pillow for the bed by sewing three sides together, then stuffing with polyfill. Hand stitch the open end closed. Tip: Get creative here, using a contrasting fabric. Consider attaching ribbons or buttons to the pillow, depending on whether your pet would chew them or not.
14. Assemble the pet bed by adding the foam cushion and pillow.
Give your four-footed friend a custom, one-of-a-kind pet bed by repurposing a vintage suitcase in just a few simple steps.