Black Bat Napkin Ring
Create a simple black bat tabletop napkin ring for your Halloween festivities.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
needle and black thread
black pipe cleaners
template (bat stamp or other bat outline)
1. Using a bat stamp as a template, cut out the bat wings and two pieces of bat body from the black felt.
2. Hand-stitch a black pipe cleaner to the top edge of the bat wings on one side.
3. Pin the two bat body pieces together and hand-stitch around the edge, leaving an opening. Stuff in scraps of leftover black felt to poof the bat body a bit. Hand-stitch the opening closed.
4. Hand-stitch the bat bodies to the bat wings on the opposite side of the one with the black pipe cleaner.
5. Cut out triangle eyes and triangle fangs from the white felt and glue to the bat's face.
8. Cut a rectangular strip of felt three inches wide by about six to seven inches long, depending on the thickness of your napkins. Fold the long sides into the middle and then fold the strip in half lengthwise. The finished strip is about 3/4-inch wide by the cut length. Use the sewing machine to stitch along the edge and then sew the ends together to form a ring.
9. Hand-sew the ring onto the back of the bat wings going into the bat body a bit as well to ensure it all stays together.
School glue and black glitter are all you need to give plain pumpkins a chic makeover. Choose an easy pattern for crafting with...
Turn plain headbands into fun Halloween party favors and costume props with card-stock cat ears or a tiny witch's hat.
These beautiful handmade napkins and matching rings are perfect for any table setting, whether it's casual or formal.