Apple Holiday Wreath
Take green apples, plywood and greenery for an outside holiday decoration.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Kathy Hanson of Excelsior, Minn., was a busy executive who wanted to find a way to spend more time with her family. She started making charming items for the home, and her new career was born. In this project, Kathy makes a holiday wreath with fresh green apples.
Materials and Tools:
sheet of plywood
green exterior spray paint
100 3-inch galvanized nails
sturdy picture hangers
20 lb. of apples
1. Draw a 24-inch circular pattern onto plywood, cut out wreath shape using jigsaw. Sand any rough edges.
2. Before continuing, add sturdy picture hangers and heavy-gauge wire to back of wreath.
3. Randomly hammer 100 3-inch galvanized nails into wreath form.
4. Spray paint the plywood and nails green.
5. Skewer the apples onto the nails.
6. Fill the empty spaces with greenery.
7. Add a decorative holiday bow.
Create a festive holiday wreath of grapevine and evergreen for welcoming guests to your home.
Bring a natural element to your holiday decor with this simple and sophisticated wreath. Its versatile design works as a...
Year after year wreaths are routinely placed on the front door for the holidays. Why not try something new this year? From...(10 photos)