Apple Holiday Wreath
Take green apples, plywood and greenery for an outside holiday decoration.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Kathy Hanson of Excelsior, Minn., was a busy executive who wanted to find a way to spend more time with her family. She started making charming items for the home, and her new career was born. In this project, Kathy makes a holiday wreath with fresh green apples.
Materials and Tools:
sheet of plywood
green exterior spray paint
100 3-inch galvanized nails
sturdy picture hangers
20 lb. of apples
1. Draw a 24-inch circular pattern onto plywood, cut out wreath shape using jigsaw. Sand any rough edges.
2. Before continuing, add sturdy picture hangers and heavy-gauge wire to back of wreath.
3. Randomly hammer 100 3-inch galvanized nails into wreath form.
4. Spray paint the plywood and nails green.
5. Skewer the apples onto the nails.
6. Fill the empty spaces with greenery.
7. Add a decorative holiday bow.
Create a gorgeous organic wreath with glitter-dusted pinecones. Hung with a colorful ribbon, this easy-to-create craft will...
Year after year wreaths are routinely placed on the front door for the holidays. Why not try something new this year? From...(10 photos)
Create a festive holiday wreath of grapevine and evergreen for welcoming guests to your home.