3 Do-It-Yourself Candle Stacks
Craft a heart- and hamburger-shaped candle, or embellish tapers with sheets of colored wax.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
white or light-colored candle (the candle should be the same size from top to bottom)
4" x 8" colored sheets of wax by Yaley
mat and mat knife
1. Place the sheet wax on top of the cutting mat and cut 3/4" x 4" strips of the colors chosen for the candle. Use as many different colored stripes as you desire. Two to three colors a good combination.
2. Start at the top and wrap the strips around the candle. Trim off any excess. Align the next strip up against the previous strip. Do not overlap the strips. Continue adding strips until the entire candle is covered.
- Vary the width of the strips
- Vary the colors
- Vary the size of the candles
- Vary the directions of the strips, running the strips up and down, instead of around the candle.
Metalsmith Sandy Cozad of Kearney, Mo., twists wire to create hanging votives.
The holidays are here and it's time for entertaining. Here are some natural inspirations to trim your tree, adorn your home's...(4 photos)
Make a coffee mug-themed candle with a cappuccino brulee scent with these simple steps.