How to Make a Self-Irrigation System
Making a self-irrigation system for your outdoor spaces doesn't have to be difficult with the help of this step-by-step gardening guide.
- Excerpted from Ready, Set, Grow! by DK BooksDorling Kindersley
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- plastic planter
- sheet of expanded polystyrene
- craft knife
- plastic pipe
- small plastic pot (like a yogurt container)
1. Cut a Polystyrene Disk
Ask an adult for help and make sure it sits about 3 inches (7 cm) from the base of your container. Make a hole in the center a bit smaller than your pot.
2. Cut Plastic Piping
2. Cut a length of plastic piping. Make it a little longer than the height of the container, and make another hole in the edge of the polystyrene for this pipe.
3. Add Holes to the Small Pot
3. Punch holes in the base of your small pot. Tuck the pot underneath the hole in the polystyrene disk. Water will seep through the pot's holes from below.
Excerpted from Ready, Set, Grow! by DK Books
Create a beautiful window box that will beautify the outside of your home and add an outdoor touch through the windows from the...
To grace an outdoor setting, a table or even an office, create a pond-in-a-pot with these simple step-by-step instructions.
Transform an ordinary rock into a colorful work of art that labels your plants and accents a garden bed.