Wild Mushroom, Herb and Pecan Stuffing Recipe
Fresh chanterelle, oyster and shiitake mushrooms give this homemade cornbread stuffing an earthy, rich flavor while toasted pecans add just the right amount of crunch.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 cups toasted cornbread, crumbled
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 ribs celery, diced
10 ounces wild mushrooms (chanterelle, oyster and shiitake)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup good chicken stock
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Heat butter in a medium skillet on medium high. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, salt and pepper; cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add white wine; continue cooking until absorbed, about 1 minute.
5. Add cream. Cook 30 seconds; remove pan from heat.
6. Place crumbled cornbread into a large bowl. Add mushroom mixture and toasted pecans; toss.
7. Add chicken stock as needed, until stuffing is moist throughout.
8. Bake in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish for 30 minutes, until crusty and golden brown. Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs before serving.
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a seasonal recipe for cranberry relish with a twist courtesy of freshly grated ginger.
The Thanksgiving entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for delicious herb-roasted turkey with gravy.
The Thanksgiving entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for savory, juicy roasted turkey with homemade gravy.